Aird Cottage – Covid-19 and 2020 bookings
Covid-19 – Revisions to Terms and Conditions
The health and safety of our guests and service providers is very important to us and this is especially so during the Covid-19 pandemic. We have assessed the new risks and have enhanced our cleaning protocols per ASSC guidelines to reduce the risks to all involved.
- These changes will at least remain in force for the remainder of 2020 and so are in effect for all stays up to 03/01/2021.
- We reserve the right to vary these as needed. We will continue to protect our guests and service providers and so may change these to improve the health and safety of all concerned.
- Where there is a conflict with our standard Terms and Conditions then these Cov-id-19 Revisions to Terms and Conditions supersede the standard ones.
New Cleaning Regime
The following will be carried out at Aird Cottage between guest stays:
- All rooms will be cleaned with approved anti-viral disinfectant that is effective against Covid-19 and food safe.
- All pans, crockery and cutlery will be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- All bed linen will be replaced, including pillow and mattress protectors.
- Duvet and Pillows will be quarantined for at least 72 hours after each guest.
- All bed linen, towels, tea towels, dish cloths and oven gloves will be washed at their highest allowable temperature with antibacterial wash.
- Ventilate the whole cottage, weather permitting.
It has been necessary to remove several items from our cottage to reduce the risk of any cross-contamination. We have removed half of the items below and will use continue to quarantine and rotate items. These include:
- Some soft furnishings including cushions.
- Some books, games, maps, tourist information. We will supply some of the latter which will be left at the cottage – a fresh paper set for each guest.
- Condiments and oils. There will now be an empty fridge and freezer policy between guests.
- Some optional kitchen items will be removed (excess crockery, cutlery, glasses, mugs).
We are sorry that the cottage will not have the same home-from-home feel that our returning guests expect. We will, however, return to our fully equipped state as soon as it is safe to do so.
New Responsibilities for Guests
To assist in reducing the inherent risks from Covid-19, guests will need to:
- Advise us before their stay on the beds to be used and the number of pillows required (feel free to bring your own). Unused beds will not be made up and surplus pillows will be removed.
- Prior to departure, all bed linen, towels, tea towels and oven gloves are to be removed and placed in the zipped bags provided ready for laundering.
- Place all recyclable rubbish in the blue dustbin.
- Place all other landfill rubbish in provided black bin liners, tie the handles to seal the bags and place in the green dustbin.
If guests become ill or must self-isolate, then it is essential that you:
- Return home as soon as possible on becoming ill providing it is safe to do so.
- Do not enter our cottages unless you must.
- Notify us as soon as possible of your illness and plans.
- If you have to self-isolate in our cottage then advise us when your isolation period will end; we can then plan a longer void (72 hours or more) and deep clean, notify other guests that will be impacted;
- Unfortunately, given the impact on other guests, we will have to charge self-isolating guests for the extra time that they have stayed. We will refund in full guests whose booking has to be cancelled.
- Self-isolating guests will be promptly advised of the extra charge; this will be at the then current weekly rate. Please consider taking out holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.
Due to uncertainty with travel restrictions or extended lock downs & possible second lock downs etc – if travel is restricted by either UK/Scottish Government within the UK or our property is closed whereby a Guest is unable to commence their stay – all monies will be refunded in full regardless of booking conditions. Please note this will not apply to any travel restrictions introduced by Governments of other countries and only the UK or Scottish Government.
In the meantime, stay safe and well.